Healing Ways Counselling
- The counselling session will last for 60 minutes.
- Dates and times of sessions can be mutually agreed between us.
- The counselling sessions can be short-term (6-12 weeks) or open-ended (for as long as required).
- A minimum of 24 hours notice is required for cancelled sessions, otherwise the fee of £40 (Individual) £45 (couple), or the agreed discounted rate is still payable.
- Payment of sessions can be made by cash or cheque at the end of each session.
- Good therapeutic practice requires that regular supervision of cases is undertaken. Therefore, I attend monthly clinical supervision in order to support my practice and ensure I work in an ethical manner and meet professional standards. Care is taken to preserve client anonymity when discussing cases and you will not be identified during supervision.
- I treat all information disclosed as confidential and any details my supervisor receives is also treated as confidential. The only time when confidentiality might need to be broken would be in exceptional circumstances including: a) where you gave your written consent for the confidence to be broken; b) if I felt that it was appropriate to consult with, or bring in, other professional help (e.g.your GP) especially if there was a serious risk of harm to yourself or others. In such cases, wherever possible, I would discuss any action with you and seek to gain your co-operation.
- I adhere to the BACP's Code of Ethics and Practice.
- In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (2018), I need to inform you of how I will manage the personal data I request from you at the start of counselling. I will complete a Personal Details Form consisting of your Contact details, D.O.B., Doctor's details and Medication. This will be in handwritten format, will be stored securely in a locked filing cabinet, and will not be shared with any other party without your written consent. Once the counselling has come to an end, then this form will be shredded. The Counselling Agreement (duly signed by you at the start of counselling) will also be shredded, and any emails or text messages from you will be deleted. I keep brief handwritten notes of the counselling sessions, which are stored securely, in a locked filing cabinet, for 3 years from the date of our ending session, after which time they will be shredded. You have a right to access these notes, and a copy can be obtained by contacting me in writing. If a third party would like access to these notes, either your written consent or a Court order will be required.
- You can self-refer to my service and I will accept referrals from professionals with your written consent. During our work together, both you and I may feel referral to another professional is in your best interests. If this is agreed, I will promote self-referral in the first instance. Should a referral be needed from me, I will obtain your consent and no information will be forwarded to a third party, without written permission from you.
- Ending therapy can be negotiated between us. I will respect your decision to terminate counselling at any time, as ultimately it is what is right for you.
- In the unlikely event that you are unhappy with any aspect of my work, please discuss this with me as soon as possible, in order that the matter can be addressed.
- - In order to maintain transparency in the counselling relationship, if I should be contacted (outside of the session) by one partner, I will only be able to discuss appointment times.