Healing Ways Counselling
I am a qualified counsellor with a Diploma in Humanistic Counselling and incorporate the following approaches into my work
- Transactional Analysis
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Creative Arts Therapy
I tailor the way that I work to suit the particular needs of the individual client. I have my own private practice at home and dedicated therapy room for counselling clients.
In addition to my private Counselling Practice, I have over eight years experience working in various Voluntary Organisations. I have three-and-a-half years experience as a Volunteer Counsellor at the Portsmouth Abuse and Rape Counselling Service (PARCS), offering counselling and support to men and women who have experienced sexual violation in the past, or more recently. I also have five years experience of working for Off-The-Record (OTR) in Havant - firstly, as a Support Worker for two years, and then as a Volunteer Counsellor for three years, counselling young people from 11 to 25 years. Additionally, I have over a year's experience of working for The Carers Support Service in Chichester, counselling adults who need support in their role as carer to a spouse, partner, child, parent or relative. The three organisations have given me valuable knowledge and experience of working with a diverse range of people.
- I am a member of the Hampshire Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (HACP).
- I am a Registered member of the the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP);
- I adhere to the BACP's Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions;
- I attend monthly clinical supervision, which is a consultative process to support my work. I also regularly attend therapy for my own personal development;
- I have Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance to support my practice